Testing and Assessment Services for Textiles and Garments
Managing the quality and safety of textiles and clothing
As a supplier, distributor or retailer of fabric, textiles or garments you need to be confident that the products you deliver to the market meet consumers’ expectations along with the required safety, regulatory and industry standards. Non compliant or poor quality products can generate costly product returns and damage your brand.
With a presence in every major sourcing and selling territory around the world, our Supply Chain Risk Management solutions (Testing, Inspections and Certification) help companies making, distributing or selling softlines products improve their:
- Product quality, safety and compliance
- Sourcing flexibility
- Brand security throughout the supply chain
- Market Access
We have a world class softlines (textiles) testing laboratory in Warrington (UKAS Accredited), UK, which offers a full range of quality assurance, consultancy and compliance testing (physical, performance tetsing and chemical/analytical tests) services. Our clients are manufacturers, brands, importers and retailers of fashion products and home textiles.
Throughout our global network of laboratories, Bureau Veritas can also test your products closer to source.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
• Reputation – As a respected partner of the UK and global retailer base, we are fully equipped to perform all your product testing and inspection work.
• Worldwide Locations – With office and lab locations close to sourcing areas in over 40 countries, we offer you the convenience of global coverage with local service.
• Technical Knowledge & Leadership – With over 37 years of experience in the softlines industry, we have the necessary knowledge to develop comprehensive quality assurance programmes. Our dedicated UK Technical Support team also provide technical, regulatory and knowledge updates, and can help to develop performance standards.
• Personalised Service – From single submissions to multiple product programmes, we can function as an extension of your organisation to help minimise the risk of substandard products and costly customer returns.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How do you keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry?
Our softlines professionals participate in key associations to maintain our leading position at the forefront of standards development, industry technology and trends. We hold professional affiliations with many international organisations, including:
• British Standards Institute (BSI)
• European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
• International Organization for Standardization Technical Committees (ISO)
To what standards do you provide testing?
We conduct tests according to UK retailer performance standards as well as relevant national UK, regional European and international ISO standards.
What is Bureau Veritas’ involvement in LACE and TEPS?
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services labs worldwide are accredited for the Laboratory Accreditation, Correlation & Evaluation (LACE) and Textile testing Proficiency-testing Scheme (TEPS). Many leading UK retailers support the LACE scheme for the performance assessment of their textile products. The TEPS process occurs every year whereby a series of interlaboratory trials (correlation exercises) are organised.
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services
0845 459 6201; Outside the UK +44 (0)1925 854 360Send an e-mail