Electrical Safety and Compliance Testing
Safety testing for lighting and domestic electrical appliances
In today’s competitive marketplace, selling, manufacturing or distributing electrical products while making sure that they are safe, good quality, comply with a variety of changing regulatory requirements, and yet still competitive, is an increasingly difficult task. Added to these issues is the need to protect your brands and your company from the risks posed by non-compliance, component failure and the environmental and ethical expectations that consumers are expecting in all areas of consumer product manufacture.
An efficient, world class laboratory with in-depth technical expertise and great customer service here in the UK - Bureau Veritas have an excellent testing laboratory in Warrington, Cheshire that offers a full range of safety, quality assurance and compliance testing services for a wide variety of domestic electrical equipment. With fast turnaround of tests and access to a global network of expertise our Electrical Equipment lab offers an excellent choice for manufacturers, retailers and distributors of domestic electrical products to enable them to sell their products in confidence.
The range of services we can offer includes:
• Low Voltage testing to EN60335 & EN60598
• Document reviews – to ensure compliance with EU/UK requirements
• Over checking – for brand protection
• Ensure products have correct labelling for WEEE
• Failure analysis
• Product benchmarking and performance testing
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
• Reputation – A respected technical partner of the UK and global retailer base
• Worldwide Locations – We have office and lab locations close to sourcing areas in over 30 countries
• Technical Knowledge & Leadership – Over 36 years of experience in the electrical equipment industry,
• Personalised Service – From single submissions to multiple product programmes, we can function as an extension of your organisation.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How do you keep up-to-date with the developments in the industry?
Our professionals participate in key associations to maintain our leading position at the forefront of standards development, industry technology and trends. We hold professional affiliations with many international organisations, including:
• British Standards Institute (BSI)
• European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
• International Organization for Standardization Technical Committees (ISO)
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services
0845 459 6201; Outside the UK +44 (0)845 459 6201Send an e-mail