START DATE :05/10 2009 - 06:00
LOCATION : 5th Floor 66 Prescot Street
London, E1 8HG
DURATION : 10 days
PRICE : £400.00Download the course brochure
Who Should Attend?
This is a basic awareness course aimed at people who will be involved in implementing an ISO 14001 EMS within their organisation:
• Health, Safety and Environmental Advisors
• Senior/ Line / Property /Site/ Facilities Managers
• Safety Representatives
• Quality/ Environmental Officers
No prior knowledge of environmental management is required
Aims and Objectives
To provide a general overview of the scope and requirements of ISO 14001 and the steps involved in attaining 14001 certification.
To provide practical guidance on starting to implement an EMS within a delegate’s organisation.
To help delegates identify similarities between existing management systems and 14001.
After successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Explain the structure of a typical EMS (ISO 14001/ EMAS/ BS 8555).
• Identify any significant environmental risks faced by their organisation/ site.
• Set environmental objectives that relate to their own organisation.
• Understand, within their own organisation, the commonalities with other management systems similar to 14001, such as quality, health & safety, information security.
• Gather objective information from their existing systems to assist in the implementation of ISO 14001.
• Have the necessary tools to develop a simple action plan to assist in the implementation of an EMS.
• Delegates who successfully complete the training will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance, and Completion if assessment is passed.
• Introduction to EMS – benefits, general requirements
• Understanding the Key Clauses of 14001: Environmental Policy & Sustainability, Planning,
• Implementation & Operation, Checking, Management Review
• Identifying the Required Procedures
• Requirements for Record Keeping
• Implementing 14001
• Similarities with other Management Systems - OHSAS 18001, ISO 27000 and ISO 9000
• Environmental Management Issues, including Operational Control
• Audit Skills and Reporting
• Management Reviews
• Practical Exercises and Feedback
• Case Study and Workshops
Appraisal of the delegates’ knowledge and performance will be made through a combination of continuous assessment and a short written examination (multiple choice and short answers).
Duration: 1 day
Maximum number of delegates: 16 persons per course
>>Price: Please contact us to request prices.
>>Date & Location:
Please contact us for availability details