The current AS9100 Series for Aerospace has been updated to align with the changes to ISO 9001:2015. This affects organisations as all audits completed after 15 June 2017 must be undertaken to the new version of the standard, any 9100 series certificates including 9100/9110 & 9120 which have not been transitioned will not be valid after September 14, 2018.
This revision of AS9100 is designed to improve the standard by:
• Establishing standardised methods for best practices and continual improvement
• Strengthening the process approach to be more explicit, which should ensure easier integration of the quality management system (QMS) with the strategy of the business
• Enabling organisations to better identify and manage risk
• Emphasising the importance of change management
• Ensuring greater flexibility with documentation
• Coordinating initiatives that are important for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), regulatory bodies, government agencies, and other interested parties
• Ensuring there is one, consistent management system used throughout the aerospace supply chain
Bureau Veritas are running a series of transition courses in line with the new standard, beginning in 2017. Clients affected will be contacted in due course, however if you would like further information about aerospace audits for your organisation, please email us at email@example.com
or call us on 0345 600 1828.