As climate change continues to attract growing levels of attention, there is also an increasing expectation that companies embed sustainability into their business model and organisational culture. This has put the disclosure of relevant greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions data on corporate agendas.
Carbon reporting helps to provide vital information to stakeholders and improve transparency. It also facilitates the identification and proactive management of potential sustainability risks and opportunities. This insight is needed by companies wanting to future-proof their operations and organisation.
In existence since 2000, CDP has become the gold standard for carbon disclosure methodology and process, and provides essential climate change data to the global market, particularly investors. The CDP’s online database is the largest registry of corporate GHG emissions and corporate climate change strategies in the world.
Many organisations now measure, report and disclose their GHG emissions, reduction targets and climate change strategy through CDP Companies who do not address these issues risk falling behind and missing out on a key competitive advantage. A lack of action in tackling the threat of climate change can erode the trust stakeholders place in an organisation and present a serious risk to the company’s brand and reputation.
As an accredited CDP verification partner, Bureau Veritas can provide independent, third-party verification of the carbon emissions data disclosed to CDP.
- Verification of carbon emissions data disclosed to CDP
- Provision of an independent statement confirming that reported information is accurate and reliable
- Detailed analysis to assist organisations drive improvements in data management and reporting processes
- Enhance information credibility and maximise your CDP disclosure performance by obtaining independent verification from an accredited CDP verification partner
- Improve the effectiveness of internal carbon accounting and reporting systems
Find out more
Call us on 0845 600 1828 or email email@example.com to learn more about our CDP verification services.