Bioenergy Data Verification and Audit
Producing and using bioenergy is a way for companies to meet their energy demands more strategically and sustainably. The approach helps to diversify the global energy mix, reduce dependence on fossil fuels and curb greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. However, the growth in bioenergy production is not without controversy. Food security, deforestation and inefficiencies are some of the key concerns that have stirred debate.
Many organisations are unsure how to comply with established rules such as the sustainability criteria set out in the European Union’s Directive 2009/28/EC to make sure that their bioenergy would be eligible to receive public support or count towards mandatory national renewable energy targets.
As a world leader in delivering customised solutions, Bureau Veritas works with a range of organisations to deliver independent assurance and verification services. We cover all steps in the supply chain to make sure that products meet the relevant sustainability legislation.
- Third-party verification of the sustainability of your biomass, bioliquids and biofuels for compliance with Ofgem, Department for Transport (RTFO) and voluntary schemes (including ISCC and 2BSvs)
- Customised fuel supply chain verification
- Independent audit against internal or supplier standards
- Gain independent assurance of the sustainability of your bioenergy
- Ensure that you comply with the applicable sustainability legislation for biofuels to successfully market your products and services and be eligible for government incentives
- Give consumers, investors, partners and the wider public confidence in the goods and services you offer
- Enhance your reputation by obtaining an independent guarantee from a competent third party with recognised expertise
- Identify and target key improvement areas to further improve your internal processes and controls
Find out more
Call us on 0845 600 1828 or email email@example.com to learn more about our bioenergy data verification and auditing services.