ESOS Assessment Services
Are you aware of your obligations under the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Regulations?
If your organisation meets the criteria, your deadline for Phase 2 compliance notification to the Scheme Administrator is 5 December 2019. However, it is important to act now because achieving compliance in a cost effective manner can also drive additional benefits for your business.
What are the ESOS regulations?
The ESOS Regulations came into force in July 2014 as part of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EU, which established a common framework of measures to help meet EU targets for energy efficiency. The ESOS Regulations apply to all large UK organisations outside the public sector which meet the number of employees and annual turnover requirements:
• A minimum of 250 employees
• Annual turnover of in excess of more than €50 million
• Annual balance sheet total in excess of €43 million
Under the regulations, qualifying organisations in the UK must conduct comprehensive assessments of their energy use and energy efficiency opportunities at least once every four years. The first compliance period ended in 2015 and we are now in ESOS compliance Phase 2. If your organisation qualifies, you must notify your compliance to the Scheme Administrator by 5 December 2019.
Experts in Compliance
With vast experience and technical expertise in the area of energy assessment and verification, Bureau Veritas is uniquely placed to help organisations achieve compliance with the ESOS regulations and take advantage of energy savings opportunities.
The ESOS qualification criteria are complex and many organisations will need to take significant steps in order to comply with all requirements. Our global network of energy experts offers a wealth of knowledge to help your company achieve compliance in a cost effective manner. In many cases, going beyond compliance can also maximise the business benefits that can be gained from reducing and optimising energy consumption.
With qualified Lead Energy Assessors available to guide the process, we can support you through every step of your energy efficiency journey, starting with full ESOS compliance.
• ESOS Energy Assessment led by a qualified Lead Energy Assessor to help achieve compliance with the ESOS Regulations
• Advice on corporate strategies to manage and reduce energy consumption
• Guidance and support to achieve accurate energy data collection
• Advice on systems and processes used to obtain the required information to ensure this is collected and reported correctly and efficiently
• Support in achieving certification to ISO 50001 (Energy Management)
• Obtain independent assessment of your energy consumption identifying trends and patterns from a true global leader
• Ensure your internal systems and processes are efficient and adequate to generate the data required
• Develop an in-depth understanding of your top energy consumption areas and associated environmental impacts to help inform business decisions
• Gain confidence that you are reporting the correct information as per the ESOS Regulations and providing the appropriate supporting evidence to the Scheme Administrator
• Identify and proactively address energy efficiency opportunities to take advantage of potential financial savings and wider business benefits
• Trusted support from our global network of energy compliance specialists
• Access to Bureau Veritas experts covering all aspects of testing, inspection and compliance
Simply click here to complete a form and a member of the Bureau Veritas expert team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
0845 600 1828Send an e-mail