Bureau Veritas offers a specialist consultancy team working to help clients meet the complex legislative requirements of the construction industry – and we need you to help us to do that.
With ever-changing legislative requirements, project-specific framework demands and a host of other regulations to meet, commercial property development can be a compliance minefield, even for the experts.
That is why companies at all stages of the design and construction process will turn to an end-to-end, independent, multi-disciplinary partner like Bureau Veritas to manage risk, add value, drive cost efficiencies and give their own clients peace of mind.
Covering the entire development process, from inception, through planning approval and consent, to detailed design and completion, our construction industry consultancy services encompass four key areas:
- Building control
- Fire safety engineering
- CDM consultancy
- Structural and civil engineering
What do the roles involve?
Offering independent and impartial advice to clients on all aspects of the relevant discipline, our construction team prides itself on having a thorough understanding of the latest regulations and requirements of this rapidly-changing industry.
Depending on which of the four key areas you specialise in, you would be expected to plan and undertake a full range of relevant services, which could include:
- Building control: Delivering proactive advice at pre-tender stage, ensuring flexible scheduling throughout the project life cycle, effective risk management, support with value engineering and management of the Fire Authority Consultation
- Fire safety engineering: Delivering fire safety strategies compliant with UK Building Regulations and/or based on international codes, fire safety management plans, fire strategy drawings, smoke control calculations using basic zone models and Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses, structural fire protection analyses and thermal radiation analyses
- CDM consultancy: Client CDM Advisor, Principal Designer CDM Advisor, contractor support, compilation of construction phase plans and site health, safety and welfare audits
- Structural and civil engineering: Structural surveys, infrastructure, refurbishment, ‘Brownfield’ engineering services, environmental appraisals and consequence assessments
- CAD design services
Why work for Bureau Veritas?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging culture, where individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
At Bureau Veritas you can benefit from a busy and varied client facing environment, working with some of the biggest names in construction.
We pride ourselves on our partnership approach, which means you will be encouraged to develop strong client relationships – combining technical know-how with service excellence to exceed our clients’ objectives.
All backed with competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from a global leader that puts people first.
What does it take to apply?
We’re looking for people that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients. We want self-starters and team players, who have with the confidence and personality to build lasting client relationships.
The specific experience, qualifications and expected of applicants will inevitably change across the four main areas of our construction consultancy business, but you can speak to our resourcing team for further information on our future vacancies.
0845 600 1828
Send an e-mail