Forest Management Certification
What is forest management?
Forest Management encompasses conservation and economic practices which maintain and protect the biodiversity, regeneration and productive capacity of forests and forest products.
Forest operators can demonstrate their commitment to sustainable forestry management by complying with a certification standard. This is a voluntary process to ensure recognition of long-term dedication towards sustainable forest management.
Two globally recognized standards for forest management are available for forest operators today:
PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) is an umbrella organization that endorses national forest certification systems.
The certification process for PEFC-endorsed standards is not carried out by the PEFC itself, but by accredited independent third parties such as Bureau Veritas Certification.
FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) is an independent, not-for-profit NGO established to promote responsible management of the world’s forests and was established in 1993.
The FSC® Certificate is also delivered by an accredited independent third party such as Bureau Veritas Certification.
Benefits of Forest Management Certification
- Grants access to key markets around the world
- Increases consumer confidence in the sustainable practices used when producing your wood products
- Allows your organization a distinct and positive brand image by demonstrating the protection of your forest’s resources
Why choose Bureau Veritas Certification ?
Bureau Veritas Certification has been certifying organizations to both the FSC® and PEFC standards since 2005.
We have the local expertise and global network to help your company:
- Gain compliance to the respective international laws and treaties
- Protect the living conditions of indigenous communities
- Adopt best practices for operations
- Take appropriate measures to enhance biodiversity and protect adjacent ecosystems
Certification Sales Department
0845 600 1828
Send an e-mail