Put your staff first, with OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety management
OHSAS 18001, a universal framework to manage hazards
Protecting your staff and complying with legislation is a key concern for today's organisations.
Adopting and Implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) approach demonstrates a genuine commitment to worker safety.
- OHSAS 18001 is an international standard, applicable to any industry.
- It ensures organisations define their occupational health and safety policies and objectives.
- It enables better control of hazards from normal operations and unusual situations
- Its framework is based on two main concepts of continual improvement and regulatory compliance
- Bureau Veritas Certification UK is UKAS accredited ensuring you receive a service in line with the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) guidelines.
Benefits of Implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Manage your health & safety risks
OHSAS 18001 is designed to create the best possible working conditions in each organisation with operational controls in place.
Create a corporate culture
When staff are aware of their individual roles and responsibilities in looking after their own health and safety, they are more likely to avoid potential hazards.
Why choose Bureau Veritas Certification?
Improve your company's Health & Safety image
By implementing OHSAS 18001 certification, you receive proof of your organization’s ongoing commitment to the health and safety of your employees.
Demonstrate legal compliance to safety regulations
A certified occupational health and safety management system provides assurance that legal compliance is effectively managed. Implementing an OHSMS is now a legal requirement in many countries.
Reduce insurance premiums
By reducing the number of accidents or damage to equipment or plant sites, an organization can also reduce insurance premiums, cost of fines and civil actions.
A mark to demonstrate your organization's commitment to excellence
The Bureau Veritas Certification Mark is recognized and respected throughout the world as a valued symbol of reliability, sustainability and trust.
Learn how to develop and control an Occupational Health and Safety Management System with our training courses
In addition to certification, we provide relevant training programs for implementing and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety Management System.