Internal Policy Compliance Audits
Large organisations must comply with hundreds of regulations and voluntary agreements around the world. In addition, internal policies (such as codes of conducts) set guidelines on the activities and behaviours expected of employees, even in the absence of local regulations. Boards of Directors and executive management are looking for assurance that internal controls and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies.
This risk is particularly high when business units operate in various parts of the world with different regulatory environments and business cultures. To minimise or mitigate legal, reputational and or financial risks associated with non-compliance, organisations design and adopt frameworks which include establishing procedures, training employees and putting in place an audit programme.
For example, since 2004 Bureau Veritas has worked alongside multinational organisations in the food and beverage sector helping them to manage risks of some of their most public issues. We have developed a range of tailored solutions, including auditing their business units across the world for compliance against the World Health Organisation (WHO) International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk Substitutes (1981) and the WHO set of recommendations on the marketing of foods and non-alcoholic beverages to children (2010).
As a global leader in compliance solutions, Bureau Veritas works with major organisations across the world to provide independent assurance that they are compliant with internal non-financial policies.
- Bespoke audit programmes tailored to an organisation’s most material non-financial issues.
- Internal policy compliance audits and assessments against international standards and frameworks
- Assurance over claims made for compliance against voluntary codes and guidelines
- Provide assurance to external stakeholders that the company is following its internal policies
- Provide assurance to management on whether internal policies are being applied consistently and followed correctly across business units and locations
- Become a tool for mitigating risks associated with non-compliance
- Provide feedback on good practice activities in the form of a management report
Find out more
Call us on 0845 600 1828 or email email@example.com to learn more about our tailored and bespoke audit solutions.