EU ETS Verification Services
The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) was established to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through a cap-and trade system. Now in its third phase, the EU ETS includes thousands of power stations, industrial sites and manufacturing plants, as well as organizations that have equipment with high combustion capacity on site, such as hospitals and universities. Through the EU ETS’s aviation scheme, almost all aircraft operators flying within the EU are mandated to monitor and report their emissions and have them verified.
Emitting organisations have specific requirements under the EU ETS legislation. From submitting a monitoring and reporting plan to the regulator and securing a permit, right through to producing an Annual Emissions Report and having this verified by an independent and accredited verifier.
Bureau Veritas has worked alongside many organisations since the EU ETS launched to ensure they understand their obligations and meet the regulatory compliance requirements of the scheme. We remain one of the leading providers of EU ETS verification and are accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) to offer these verification services to all the sectors within the EU ETS scope, including aviation operators.
- Complete EU ETS verification services for all stationary combustion installations, including verification of aviation emissions
- Audit and improvement of internal monitoring systems
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory obligation of monitoring, reporting and verifying the emissions or tonne-kilometre data for your operations
- More robust systems and better quality of your data
- Ongoing monitoring of your emissions standing throughout the year to highlight any potential risk of exceeding your permitted emission allowance or the opportunity to trade credits against unused allowances
- Global network of over 300 specially trained and qualified validation and verification experts to deliver cost-effective services in all territories
Find out more
Call us on 0845 600 1828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our EU ETS verification services.